Reliance the major company in India which has changes every person perception in India about it’s services and with just one single product that is Reliance Jio 4G sim, it has bought waves in Indian telecom industry. This sim comes with jio preview offer and this isn’t available to sale on online. Earlier in this they announced free Jio sim for the mobile above Rs. 10,000, which are only Reliance mobiles. But now they are giving free jio sim for the Lyf Flame 8 mobile which priced at Rs. 4,199 only. In this article you can get the method for how to use reliance jio 4G sim in 3G phone.
Each and everyone need this sim, but there are some restrictions from Reliance you can’t use this for other mobile. So here are tips for you on How to Use Reliance Jio 4G Sim in 3G Phone.
How to Use Reliance Jio 4G Sim in 3G Phone:
Please remember that before going to implement these tricks, you need an activated jio sim, then only you can follow these tricks. Here is the complete process of how to activate jio sim in any mobile, in case if you are facing some activation problems, please refer article on steps to enable jio sim network.
Method 1: Mediatek Processor Only
Before start using this method , please check your mobile device specs whether it has mediatek chipset or not. Android version 4.4 will be more preferred i.e Kitkat version.
Checking Device for Mediatek or Qualcomn Processor:
- First Download CPU Z app from Playstore: Click Here
- Install and open this app.
- Wait while it retrieves your device information.
- Within few seconds you will see all your device information on the screen.
- If your device is using Mediatek Chipset then it will reflect with the Logo of Mediatek Chipset on the screen.
Method 2: With MTK Engineering Mode app
- First Download & Install MTK Engineering Mode app in your 3G mobile device Download from here
- This Application will allow you to run an advanced Setup from the Engineering Mode Menu of MTK phones, which is also called SERVICE MODE
- Note This: Use this secret menu very carefully. In case if you don’t know on what you are doing then just stop it or don’t do it!!
- Open the installed app, or dial your mobile device specific code for Engineering Mode
- Click on the MTK Settings and Select Preferred Network Option.
- Now you can Select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as network mode and you can save it and turn it off and on your mobile device
- Once you done the above steps, Shutdown the device
- Insert your Reliance Jio 4G sim in 1st Slot and keep the 2nd Slot empty.
- Switch on the device and then you will see jio sim network.
Wooowww!!! Within 15 minutes you will now get the Jio Network but you will not get the 4G speed, still you will get 3G speed. Which is also better.. 🙂 If you got other device or above method isn’t working go with this process for Reliance Jio 4G Sim in 3G Phone trick.
How To Use Reliance Jio 4g Sim in Redmi 1s Mobile:
Steps to use Reliance Jio sim in 3g Mobile i.e in Redmi 1s Mobile
- Open dial-pad and type this number *#*#4636#*#*
- Then testing page will appear from that choose Phone information 1
- Scroll down till you find Set Preferred Network type and click on that
- Here you have to choose LTE/GSM auto (PRL) option or any LTE option
- This is how you have to use Jio sim in 3g mobile
In case if you not able to get the signal after this trick, you will have to select the network manually. Because after enabling LTE sometimes your device won’t select the network. Follow these given steps to get the signal & use Reliance Jio 4G sim in 3G Phone. So after enabling LTE no restart required, just place the jio sim in primary slot. If you face the no network signal or emergency calls only option follow these steps.
100% WORKING: Enable 4G Network in 3G mobile to use Reliance Jio 4G sim in 3G Phone
- First visit settings option then Mobile networks
- Then visit network carriers and choose the network manually
- So after the manual search it will show you reliance 4G network signal in your area, just select that.
- In case if you got an error like “can’t connect to this network” then
- Wait for some time it will do the automatic registration, then you can use jio 4g sim in 3g phone.
- In case if the above steps doesn’t work select any 4G network then you will be able to notice 4G sign on network bar.
This method is working 100%. If you are still unable to choose the network, watch out this space, we will soon write a article on how to solve network problem in Jio 4G sim.
Method 3: Steps to use Jio sim in 3g mobile
- You need to download both Xorware 2G/3G/4G Switcher & Xorware 2G/3G/4G Interface App, download it from here Xorware 2G/3G/4G Switcher.
- Then Open App and choose the network settings.
- After that Select Network Mode to 4G LTE.
- Simply click on Apply and make your changes.
- Now you can Switch off your or restart your device
After the above process simply Insert Reliance Jio 4G Sim in 3G Phone and Switch ON your device. That’s it, now you can use Reliance Jio 4G Sim in 3G mobile phone.
Method 4: Qualcomm Chipset Devices
Check Your Mobile Specifications does It Has Qualcomm Chipset Or Not. Version 4.4 Kitkat Android Devices Will Be More Preferable.
- You will have to download Shortcut Master (Lite) App, you can download it from here
- Install the app & Open It.
- Click on Menu (vertical Three Dots on top right side)
- Now Go To Menu then Search for “Service Menu” Or ” Engineering Mode “
- Then Select “System App” Option For Deep Search. If Found then open it and access to change LTE Bands If that doesn’t work,
- Once You Got the Engineering Mode , Open It and Select Change LTE Bands.
- If the above Doesn’t Work Then Dial *#2263# then Select Menu And Click Back Again Then Select Menu.
- Then Go To Key Input And Enter “0000” without quotes, Then Wait For Couple Of Seconds ,after that You Will Get Popup.
- Select UE Settings From that Popup, after that Select setting>p
rotocol>NAS>Net work Control>Band Selection>LTE Band> The Select “Band 40”.
- Now you can Insert Jio Sim & Check Whether You Are Getting Signals Or Not.
- Restart the Device and Place it in First Sim Slot
- Now enjoy the free Jio Unlimtted Calls 🙂 😛
Method 5: Reliance Jio 4G sim in 3G Phone working on every Snapdragon Device
To use Reliance jio 4g sim in 3g phone means you have to enable LTE option in your 3g device. Some people will say it is impossible. So follow these given steps we are giving example for Moto G Device but you can follow these steps to use Reliance jio 4G sim in every snapdragon devices.
- First visit the Dial-pad, and type this number *#*#4636#*#*
- Then you will see one page with Testing, click on Phone Information
- Scroll down till you find the Set Preferred Network Type drop down menu, click on that
- Select the LTE/GSM auto (PRL) or any LTE option and close it
- Switch off your mobile put Jio Sim in slot 1 and keep the second slot empty.
- Switch on now then you will see Jio 4G signal in your mobile
How to use Reliance Jio 4G sim in 3g Phone Tips:
The above mentioned tricks are working in almost all mobile, I even added couple of videos for proof. just keep these things in mind. These are the best working tricks on how to use jio sim in 3g phone
- IT WON’T HARM YOUR PHONE,
- It will make one minor change in your internet settings
- You can restore that setting at any time
- First check your device processor if it is mediatek then follow first method, if it is not follow 3rd method
- The second method is open for everyone, so anyone can use it.
- Fourth method is exclusively made for moto users only.
Once it is successful share it on facebook.
Now you can earn extra Cashback when you shop online at Flipkart, Snapdeal, Jabong, Myntra & 200+ other stores, this is on top of already running deals & discount. Login today with coupon code BLOG25 and get Rs. 25 instant cashback in to your PaisaWapas.com account Login Here
Note : By Using This Trick , You Device Seems As 4G Compatible For Jio Sim But Actually It Will Receive 3G Network . This Trick Will Not Convert Your Device From 3G To 4G , It Will Only Enable Jio Sim To Catch 3G Network On Your Device. So Enjoy the party and share some love by sharing this blog with your friends on facebook.
Also published on Medium.