“Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.”-Coco Chanel
The HOTTEST skirts of this spring have a very very strong 70s influence, while keeping a modern twist on them. Of course.
A lot of front button skirts in denim or suede. Mini A-lines. Psychedelic printed skirts. Midi lengths are massive, and actually more so than shorter hemlines. Everything seems to have a very loose and sexy retro spin on them, which is great, but on the downside, for example, midi lengths, flowy, A-line over-the-knee skirts require more attention to body-styling, as not everyone is 6 ft tall and super slim to effortlessly pull of a midi skirt and sneakers. BUT, it can be done, hence the array of all bloggers and non-models embracing these skirts and looking fabulous in them.
Enough preaching now form my part, let’s do some practicing and nail the list of the skirts, shall we?
1. MAXI SKIRTS. They’re not new, but they seem to not wanna go away and I predict a massive emphasis on the maxi skirt for 2015, especially paired with tiny crop tops and fringe bags. They look best in super fluid fabrics and print.
2. MIDI SKIRTS. This spring it seems like every possible fabric, cut, and skirt style out there looks better in midi than mini or maxi. A bit of flare or A-line to them will put a total retro spin on the look. So, whether it’s a pleated skirt, a denim skirt, a see-through, a suede, pencil, full – as long as it’s midi length, over-the knee-hem you’re good to go.
3. PRINTED SKIRTS. They are having a major moment in 2015 spring, with florals still IN, cause it’s spring, so… what else is new, but also anything else actually, especially psychedelic, graphic style prints, in muted or bright shades. Whatever floats your boat. BTW, they look amazing of flowy pleated midi skirts. Having an *ahhhhh moment* right now.
All the girls out there can try this look for their colleges. It is simple yet classy.
I have tied my hair into a high ponytail as excess of heat during summers will lead to a lot of sweat and make it uncomfortable to open up my hair. Also the look goes best with the ponytail itself so it is a plus point too.
Advice-Don’t accessorize much. Just play it simple.
The blog is named in Spanish as 'La Nina Curiosa' which means 'The Curious Girl' as i am always curious to explore the unexplored.
I believe in living life by pursuing what yu love and giving in your best at whatever yu do.
Latest posts by Akanksha Kangra (see all)
- The MOST SEXY SKIRTS TO WEAR IN THIS SUMMER SEASON - March 29, 2016
- Dazzle up with Zara - March 11, 2016
- The Little Black Dress - March 1, 2016