Your skin needs pampering and where cleansing and moisturizing may seem enough to achieve a healthy skin, they aren’t. Your skin needs a little bit of exfoliation too. Exfoliating helps remove the dead skin cells and other remaining impurities. It also helps keep your complexion clear and skin looking healthy. Beauty products available in the market cost us girls a fortune and the ingredients aren’t natural as well. Say bye-bye to those nasty chemicals and try these DIY homemade inexpensive facial scrubs to get a healthy and beautiful skin.
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Any 1:(a) ½ tablespoon honey
(b) 1 tablespoon oil (coconut oil/olive oil)
- Few drops of essential oils (optional)
Mix the ingredients well and make a paste. If the paste looks a little loose add more sugar to it (Use small grained sugar. Larger grains can scratch your skin).
Apply. Rinse thoroughly.
Baking Soda Scrub
- 2-3 tablespoon baking soda
- Face cleanser
Blend the ingredients to make a paste suitable for your need. Gently scrub your face for 60 seconds. Do not leave the baking soda on your skin for too long. You can also make a paste of baking soda and water.
- 1 tablespoon ground oatmeal (use steel cut oats, not instant)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
Combine all the ingredients and apply. Let the mixture rest on your face as a mask too for 15 minutes. Rinse well.
- 2-3 Tablespoon Cornmeal
- Small amount of water
Mix the ingredients and apply. The cornmeal and oatmeal can be used interchangeably.
- 2 tablespoon mashed banana
- 2 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Combine and apply.
- 1 tablespoon of ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon of water or olive oil
Combine and apply. You can also use wet coffee grounds saved from your brewed morning coffee. If you use olive oil, skip applying a moisturizer afterward, as olive oil will leave your skin super-moisturized.
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- ½ tablespoon almond flour or finely ground almonds.
Mix them well and apply.
Some Scrubbing Tips:
- Wash your face properly. Take one tablespoon scrub and gently massage all over your face and neck avoiding the under-eye area.
- Don’t apply too much pressure and do not keep scrubbing for more than two minutes.
- Scrub a little harder on the T-zone area of face.
- Apply alcohol-free toner or rose water — take some in a cotton ball and then dab on your freshly scrubbed face.
- If you have extra, store it in an air tight container in the fridge. Make sure you use it within 3 days.
- Like with any other face scrub, only use it 1 – 2 times a week.
Homemade Scrubs are really easy to prepare and give your skin a happy treatment. You can prepare your own kind of scrubs by improvising and the ingredients that are best for you. Although, If you have active acne then you must not use a scrub on your face as it may aggravate your skin problem.
Latest posts by Veenu Sharma (see all)
- Money Saving Tips for College Students - October 2, 2016
- 12 Interesting Psychology facts that you need to know - September 25, 2016
- 5 Steps to get a salon like hair spa at home - September 18, 2016