People can judge your character by your shoes.
Ever wondered what if you are not wearing shoes?
First impressions are always lasting ones, so you want your feet to look pretty always.
Well, don’t you worry!
Here’s all that you need to do.
Recipe for an At-Home Pedicure
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cleaning Time: 30 minutes
A Tub Of Warm Water
A Good Foot Scrub
Pumice Stone/Foot File
Nail Polish Remover
A Clean Towel
Directions for Use:
- Take some nail paint remover in a cotton stub and remove paint from your nails.
- Cut your nails and file them in a nice oval shape, conforming to the shape of your toes. Don’t clean them or pull on the cuticle. Just make them all even.
- Heat some water in a pan (or take water from the heater). Put it in a tub. The size of the tub should be such that it can contain both your feet simultaneously. Check for the temperature of the water by dipping your elbow in it. Add warm/cold water to bring it to a comfortable temperature.
- Add Shampoo to the water in the tub and dip your feet in it. (Additional additions: Essential oils, Bath Salts, Rose Water, Hydrogen Peroxide)
- After 10-15 minutes of soaking, take out one foot from the water and wipe it gently with a towel.
- Remove the dirt from the nails and push the cuticle in. If the cuticle skin is loose, use cuticle clippers to remove it.
- Apply foot scrub evenly on the entire foot covering all skin and nails, and dip it back in the water.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on the other foot.
- Take out the first foot and, using a pumice stone of a foot file, remove the scrub along with the dead skin off your foot. Repeat on the other foot.
- Soak for 5 more minutes.
- Take both feet out of the water and wipe them gently with a towel.
Moisturising and Massage:
- Cover your entire foot with moisturiser all the way up till the ankle, leaving no bare spots. Leave it on and repeat the same on the other foot.
- Gently massage your feet. Start from the ankle and move down to the toes till there is no moisturiser left on the feet.
- Put some moisturiser on the nails and leave them open for a while before applying any new nail paint.
If you like, you can do some nail art to make your nails shine out!
Voila! You’ve got yourself a pair of stunning looking feet just like you’d get after a trip to the parlour!